Mocha VNC Lite
iPhone and iPad Application: Mocha VNC Lite - $5.99 US - Score: 3 IV's What is Mocha VNC Lite?
This app allows you to use your iPhone or iPad to connect to a Windows PC or Mac OS X and open files and use programs just as you would if you were sitting at your desk. It uses the industry-standard virtual network computing desktop sharing system. You can easily control your remote computer with just your fingertips. What did you like about it?
Mocha VNC Lite is a seemless way to control your computer from an iPad or iPhone. The Lite version is free in the App Store and has most of the features an average user would need. It’s fast and very easy to set up! VNC Lite uses Apple’s Bonjour technology to find Apple devices on the same network. Mocha VNC Lite supports both portrait and wide screen modes and you can also zoom in and out using Apple gestures. What did you not like about it?
The Lite version can only connect your iPad or iPhone to a computer if they are wirelessly joined on the same network. Unfortunately, this means you can’t utilize VNC Lite if you’re away at work or somewhere else, and out of range of your main internet service. Paid Version vs Light Version The paid version of Mocha VNC Lite is $5.99 US. The full version offers these additional features:
- Keyboard banners with extra keys.
- Extra keys as ALT,CTRL and the Apple key.
- Mouse dragging , hover and mouse wheel.
Both versions offer these features:
- Standard VNC protocol
- Mac OS X (Lion) sign on
- Encrypted password signon
- 8 and 32 bit color modes
- Local Mouse support
- Zoom and scroll as the Safari browser
- Landscape mode
- Can handle 6 different Host configurations
- Has been tested with RealVNC, TightVNC, UltrVNC on Windows, and Apple Screen sharing, which is included with the Mac OS X.
- A screen resolution larger than 2000x2000, as to memory and speed, is not recommended. Not a problem on iPhone 3GS as it has 128M extra memory.
Where can I get Mocha VNC Lite? Get Mocha VNC Lite for free at the App Store here. Every Tuesday and Thursday our expert iHospital D.i.D. Doctor of iDevices review and rate Apple applications, accessories and more. Items are rated from 1 to 5 IV's (5 being the highest possible score). If the item is a total waste of time and money we'll give it the dreaded bedpan score of zero. Review by D.i.D. Doctor of iDevices Mindi Sewell, iHospital in Atlanta Georgia